classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Ford Prefect E493A restoration continued
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
safechief

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Ford Prefect E493A restoration continued Reply with quote

Having got the old girl roadworthy and running, except for a few minor jobs such as the damned hidem banding, which i still can't get to fasten properly with tacks or staples ( mostly due I think to some inability on my part rather than the material), i decided to enter the the Ioswich Transport Museum Ipswich to Felixstowe Classic car run, and I even had one volunteer (my gorgeous daughter in law) to accompany me. Came the day-all tarted up- car and us and it was peeing with rain. Guess what- damned vacuum wipers despite being tested Ok before didn't have strength to move new arms & blades across windscreen. Any way made it to meeting point at local park - see photo[img][/img] but decided I couldnt't risk my daughter in laws life by driving 12 miles in rain with no wipers so went home. In and hour the sun came out but by that time the old girl ( car that is )was tucked awayin the garage. Had wiper motor out and stripped it down, tested with vacuum pump OK, replaced on car and tesed wth vac pump and arms and blades. Still won't work even with water on screen. So have ordered, at great expense original f.ord typearms and blades, hope this fixes the problem. New carpets and finish interior next, also fitting re-chromed Ford Pilot aeroplane mascot which I have lengthened to fit looks better than prefect one I think.
Also fitted oil pressure gauges and temperature gauge to replace defunct original equipment. Now looking for a clock to fit in the dash to replace u/s temperature gauge.
All the best to all
Jeff
best car ever Daimler V8 saloon 1965, cost me £450. first car Model y Ford cost £15.cars ove 50 years A40 Devon, a30, 35 , consul 375,mini cooper 1962 herald,viva hb Opel ascona, austin1100 capri mk2 many cortinas, saab
Peugeot, renault etc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: