classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How To Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy Policy     F/book facebook.com/oldclassiccar

Austin Seven Ruby ARQ rejuvenation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Austin
alanb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff
I rediscovered the joy of reading during my enforced rest and when I was able to get out I found a new pleasure in walking (only on the level at first) but time soon goes by and you'll soon be back doing all the things you enjoy.
Alan

Morris 8 two seater
MooiMeisie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan,
Been doing exactly the same since getting home.
Managed to walk 1.6 miles yesterday in two lots early morning and late evening when cooler and nearly a mile early this morning.

Geoff - Feeling good for doing so.
MooiMeisie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things have come to a grinding halt as hospital prescribed tablets are making me feel like a zombie.
Was able to walk 2km, split between morning and evening, before starting the tablets.
Stopped taking them to clear the system and soon back walking with ease.
Then started one tablet at a time and guess what.

Now looking for natural substitutes, with garlic/aspirin being one of the most important.
The hospital put me on aspirin for a week then big pharma tablets and zombie time.

Geoff - Iím DONE with F****N big pharma‼️‼️
alanb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff,
I take a beta blocker and a ace inhibitors to control my heart rate and keep my blood pressure down along with my daily aspirin, I find I can do most things like gardening,walking (1 mile every morning) messing about in the garage and maintaining my Morris 8, I also go to the gym once a week to the cardio rehab class. I do seem to get tired quicker and my energy level aren't what they used to be but age is probably also to blame, stick with it and talk to your doctors, it takes a little while to get the medication that suits you right but I'm sure within a couple of months you'll be back to near normal. Good luck and stay positive I'm looking forward to the next episode with your car.
Best wishes
Alan

Morris 8 two seater
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MooiMeisie wrote:

Geoff - Iím DONE with F****N big pharma‼️‼️

Geoff, could you check your stored email address (see the Profile link below the graphic at the top of this page), as I think there might be a typo or it could be an old address. thanks, RJ
MooiMeisie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rick,
Big oops.
Completely forgot to update since cancelling my Yahoo accounts years.

Geoff - Updated
MooiMeisie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update.
Had a good chat with family doctor a few weeks ago and am now back on hospital tablets.
Started taking one at a time, waiting a week before the next to let body acclimatise, the last tablet tonight.
Feeling well enough to do a fairly brisk easy 2km walk nearly each day now, and feeling good afterwards, something I havenít been able to do beforehand without taking it easy.

Was thinking of fitting a servo motor to the Singer 660A1 sewing machine, to have complete and easy speed control for leather work, having already slowed it down to the best of my ability from the speed merchant it was, but today had another look at either fitting a stop to the foot pedal or some other way to prevent the pedal travelling too far and sending the machine onto overdrive, and think Iíve nailed it.
Will experiment tomorrow.
I donít use the machine often enough for muscle memory to help, hence a physical stop needed.

Geoff - back on the Ruby and into Workshop soon with luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Austin All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: