classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Good head torches?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories
Bitumen Boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject: Good head torches? Reply with quote

Hi all, has anyone come across a decent LED head torch lately they can recommend? My two old ones are falling apart and increasingly temperamental after much use and abuse, about due for replacement I reckon. They were only cheapy ones from Woolworths - how long since they closed? - so they don't owe me anything, but I'd be lost without them. All thoughts welcome as ever Smile
Dipster

Location: UK, France and Portugal - unless I am travelling....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a couple of battery powered Petzl head torches for a few years. They were freebies otherwise I probably would not have got them. they seem quite cheaply made and the switches, a slider arrangement, is quite a pain in use.

I do not actually like using them, but I do. I prefer other lighting systems. So I can`t tell you what to buy but can only suggest what you might give a miss!
47p2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An expert's view. Their lives depend on them

Click
ka

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Tesco's version, where the LED headlight comes with a small pen lights, again LED, cheap and readily available.
Downside is that whilst the lamp is robust, bright and easy to turn on, it is sometimes awkward as it does not tilt, if I were to invest in one, then the Petzle ones would bear close scrutiny, but try to select one with a tilting head, as sometimes the angle of the forehead, and the viewing area do not align.

Better three than four.
Da Tow'd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought three of Ebay LED "miners lights" that use the rechargeable 18650 batteries for my shop. Amazing amount of light and cheap (<$15)with free shipping from China.
On high power we get 2 hours so while one is in use the other is recharging.
One in the work truck
cheers
Hank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: