classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1936 Morris 8 Two Seater Rear Tail lights
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
TM8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:56 am    Post subject: 1936 Morris 8 Two Seater Rear Tail lights Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just need to confirm did the original rear Tail light have a Single Lucas King of the road medallion on the top or side?
Picture if any one has.

Thanks
Trevor
bjacko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:07 am    Post subject: Morris 8 1936 Tail Light Reply with quote

The original tail light according to lucas was a TF 201A/EB or NC469/3 order number 520708 which was a small cylindrical light with no lucas badge. This lamp fitted on a base B0143. Most cars were modified to fit the "D" shape or "pork pie" shaped lights with bigger red area.
bjacko

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:06 am    Post subject: Morris 8 Tail lights Reply with quote

Further to previous.
The 1935 8's had a T101 or ST38 tail light but no stop light.
The 1936 Ser I had TF201A/EB tail light and stop switch so the light must have had double filament bulb as there does not seem to be room for two bulbs!.
The 1938 Ser II had ST38AS stop/tail light
The 1939 Ser E had ST50B stop tail light.
The Z Van had ST38c stop tail light and later ST51 Stop Tail light.
All the 8's with brake lights had a 54C stop light switch.
The ST38 light is the "pork pie" shape and the ST50 or 51 are "D" shape lights.
Cannot recall ever seeing a Morris 8 with the small early lights. Only 1 1/8" to 1 3/8" diameter would not have been too safe!!
They all had only one Stop Tail light ex the factory but many people fitted a second light. My 1936 Ser I had two "D" shaped lights in 1956 when I bought it.
TM8

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sir,
For the info. So yes, I have the Series 2 and the Pork Pie Lucas St38 Lamp is correct. I have managed to find pictures of the Light with the Lucas King of the Road medallion inserted on the side of the light.
Regards[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: