classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Morris 8 series, closing front windscreen pull ring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
zagatoman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Morris 8 series, closing front windscreen pull ring. Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am missing the ring pull for closing the front windscreen on my Morris 8 series, I was going to make one but would anyone know where I might be able to get hold of one.

Thanks, Paul

pwood13660@blueyonder.co.uk

1935Hillman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject: Windscreen pull ring Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

I had a similar problem when creating a screen for my streamlined saloon from scratch. I wasn't able to find an original one but did find something very very close from an online hardware store. The main difference being that the originals are quite elegant and ovoid in shape whereas the one I bought is completely round. Unfortunately I cant remember exactly where I got it but will try to dig out the invoice which I may have kept.
Alternatively, a lesson I have learned over the past few years is this. You wait and wait and wait for the right thing to come your way via ebay or autojumbles, you then in desperation have the item made at great expense or use something 'closely resembling' the thing you want. The next day the thing you really want turns up. I also needed a pair of top hinges to throw the windscreen out from the body. After months of searching I spent a whole weekend making a pair from scratch which are not at all bad. Within days a chap listed a large number of prewar windscreens on ebay including several with very nice hinge sets ! It may be worth searching for old windscreens to see if the same thing can be achieved. Cheers, Tim
1935Hillman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Windscreen pull ring 2 Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

There are a small number of such screens on ebay at the moment. One looks quite promising. Link below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Car-Glass-Austin-Morris-8-12-Armstrong-Siddeley-/122061455291?hash=item1c6b6dffbb:g:ykoAAOSwUV9Wn-J0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: