classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Three brush 12 volt dynamo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
petelang

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Three brush 12 volt dynamo Reply with quote

Hi All.
Quick question, does anyone know the fuse rating for the field fuse on a 12 volt three brush dynamo. Mine blew recently but no marking on fuse so cannot tell correct rating. That said, the remnants looked like a large fuse but not sure this is right.
Thanks.
Peter
jp928

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 26 Rover 9 (6v) has a fuse shown , but its rating is not listed at all. I think its actually in the central switch panel. Can you give the model of the genny , as that might help? Do you know what caused it to blow? I have seen +8A out of my genny, but have only run it briefly so far.
Some research found mention of the field fuse on Austin 7s at 6A, others mention 8A - try around there. Difficult to determine the current rating of a piece of fuse wire without a variable current power supply.

jp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: