classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

eBay versus OCC
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
JohnDale

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riley541. Hi David, I don't really see how it can be a browser problem when other forums etc. are OK including OCC generally. Even other overseas eBay sites(Newzealand,OZ etc) are fine. eBay will be fine if I go on now(for 3 or 4 mins) & then it starts to act up, pages jumping/stalling & so on. I can go on the Volvo forum & be on there for 2/3 hours with absolutely no problem. PayPal is no problem but I'm not on there long. I can search on Google & just let it take me from interest to interest:- I go to my club website/forum from OCC(which I have as my home page) & it loads instantly & is no problem. eBay UK is the only problem & will drive me away eventually. Thanks for your input,regards,JD.
JohnDale

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,just for info from eBay.:-

Recommended browsers
Here's a list of browsers we support and where to get them.
Operating system
Recommended browser
Windows
Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Google Chrome (latest versions)
Mac
Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox (latest versions)
Note:
The Resolution Centre isn't compatible with the Google Chrome's translation service in Google Chrome.
If you have difficulties using a part of eBay, make sure you're using the latest version of one of the recommended browsers.
Browsers we don't support
Browsers we don't support include:
Netscape (all versions)
Opera browser (all versions)
Firefox 1.x, 2.x, 3.x on all platforms (we encourage you to upgrade to the latest version)
Microsoft IE 8 and earlier for Windows
Microsoft IE for MacOS 9 and MacOS X
Microsoft WebTV, MSN TV, or MSN TV2
Safari 4.1 and below for MacOS X and Windows
AOL for Mac OS 9 (all versions)
All other unlisted browsers
When using eBay, please use the latest version of one of the recommended browsers. We don't recommend using customised browsers (for example, AOL customising Internet Explorer) because you may experience problems using eBay.Cheers,JD.
Bitumen Boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After being all quiet for a few months, this old problem has reared its head again - or is it just me? OCC just seems to be getting slower and slower again down to this issue with fleabay.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bitumen Boy wrote:
After being all quiet for a few months, this old problem has reared its head again - or is it just me? OCC just seems to be getting slower and slower again down to this issue with fleabay.

I'll keep an eye on it. Occasionally I get a slow page load, which a hit of the F5 refresh key always cures, but maybe I'm lucky.

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
MrWhite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on Firefox and have no problems on here or E.Bay and I see very few adverts as I have an Ad Blocker add-on, not meaning to gloat or anything but I haven;t seen ant of tese kind of issues for some time and had happily forgotten all about them. I live in a rural area with rubbish line speed too.
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems here Smile However I do accept that we all have to pay for the the services and benefits that we receive from the internet (its not all free!) one way or another....so if adds slow us down , so be it.

Dave
PAUL BEAUMONT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suddenly seems to be a problem this evening - not really experienced it much before.
Bitumen Boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdave2002 wrote:
No problems here Smile However I do accept that we all have to pay for the the services and benefits that we receive from the internet (its not all free!) one way or another....so if adds slow us down , so be it.

Dave

On the whole I agree, and I'd rather have a few ads than a paywall. I often quite like the fleabay ads on OCC, they throw up some interesting vehicles and looking at the pictures, of course, costs nowt. But when the ads freeze a site completely, or slow it down to the point that you have to keep reloading the page to make any progress at all, then it becomes a problem and eventually defeats the object altogether - there are sites I simply avoid because the advertising effectively stops them working at all on my internet connection.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I've removed ebay for a while and will re-visit it again in future, to see if response times improve in the meantime.

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Bitumen Boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
Ok I've removed ebay for a while and will re-visit it again in future, to see if response times improve in the meantime.

RJ

Already seeing an improvement! What beats me is how there's no problem with it for a good few months then it starts playing up again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: