classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

history Old Minerva wanted
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Gilletman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: history Old Minerva wanted Reply with quote

Hello,

i'm trying to find People ho knew folowing car that i bought last year in UK.
A Minerva 1920 roadster.
last known owner was a mr Martin Johnson ho lived at low Graythwaite Hall Newby Bridge.
The car was in traffic entil 1991 acording to a tax sticker on the window.
Unfortunately this person is not known at this adres anymore and people there do not know him.
So i'm looking for people ho know Mr Johnson. it was promised to him that wen the car was driving again he would be contacted. And also, i'm verry interested in the history before him.
To anyone ho had seen this car prior to 1991- 1999, and maybe have pictures of it, i would be happy to know about it.
There is a Phone number 01539 531676 that was entil at least 1999 from mr Johnson. Hoping for some hobby P.I. to find it out.
Or maybe tips how to find history by DVLA. licenceplate is OH 1536
The car is back alive and (but) stil kicking..........

Thanks alreaddy for all tips.
Gilletman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how to enter a picture?

Click the Browse button, this allows you to navigate the files on your computer and select an image to upload, or copy over, to Photobucket.

this i do not understand. where is the browse button.

Last edited by Gilletman on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Bitumen Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilletman wrote:
how to enter a picture?

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2454
BigJohn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be worth an Email to here:

https://www.lakelandmotormuseum.co.uk/

As they are next to Newby Bridge

Or these guys, whose club covers the area and might have members who know the car.:

https://lhccuk.com/
Gilletman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks verry much. I wil contact them.
JohnDale

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Gilletman, here is some info from the DVLA ref OH1536,hope it is of interest.

Vehicle details
Vehicle make MINERVA Date of first registration December 1920 Year of manufacture 1920 Cylinder capacity (cc) 2008 cc CO₂Emissions Not available Fuel type PETROL Export marker Yes Vehicle status Not taxed Vehicle colour SILVER Vehicle type approval Not available Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY

Kind regards,JD.
Gilletman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnDale wrote:
Hello Gilletman, here is some info from the DVLA ref OH1536,hope it is of interest.

Vehicle details
Vehicle make MINERVA Date of first registration December 1920 Year of manufacture 1920 Cylinder capacity (cc) 2008 cc CO₂Emissions Not available Fuel type PETROL Export marker Yes Vehicle status Not taxed Vehicle colour SILVER Vehicle type approval Not available Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY

Kind regards,JD.

Dear John Dale.
Thank you for the efort, but none of those dates are correct for the car i bought. It is a Model NN, Roadster, blue with silver (aluminium bonnet) and black fenders. As far i can Judge the paint is the Original, but boddy is made out of aluminum. Model NN = 20/30 HP is around 3800 cc.

thank you again.
DVLA has no previous owners?
Peter_L

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courtesy of Prewarcar auctions
http://www.prewarcar.com/classifieds/ad188683.html

Details for 1920 Minerva NN
Minerva NN 1920 Tourer A unique opportunity to own an amazing piece of Belgian car history which has only known body style, including dickey and fully folding roof, on an NN chassis. All running gear refurbished, as is 4 cylinder sleeve valve engine (Knight System) 3562 cc/20 hp engine. The car has undergone recent partial body restoration, retaining original patina, with new tyres, upholstery, running boards and is running.Viewing by appointment only (Car garaged in Kent, UK).

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/414331234448518102/
JohnDale

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilletman wrote:
JohnDale wrote:

Vehicle details

Kind regards,JD.

Dear John Dale.
Thank you for the efort, but none of those dates are correct for the car i bought. It is a Model NN, Roadster, blue with silver (aluminium bonnet) and black fenders. As far i can Judge the paint is the Original, but boddy is made out of aluminum. Model NN = 20/30 HP is around 3800 cc.

thank you again.

Hi Gilletman, that info from the DVLA is what they have against the registration number OH1536 quoted by you. To get previous owners you must apply in writing & pay a fee,kind regards,JD.
Gilletman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnDale wrote:
Gilletman wrote:
JohnDale wrote:

Vehicle details

Kind regards,JD.

Dear John Dale.

thank you again.

Hi Gilletman, that info from the DVLA is what they have against the registration number OH1536 quoted by you. To get previous owners you must apply in writing & pay a fee,kind regards,JD.

Can i get in touch with the DVLA by mail, or you have any adress to contact them?

rgds.
Peter_L

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterwpg wrote:

As per my previous post, OH1536 appears here via "Pinterest" I am assuming that the photos were taken by Prewarcar.

Minerva NN 1920 Tourer A unique opportunity to own an amazing piece of Belgian car history which has only known body style, including dickey and fully folding roof, on an NN chassis. All running gear refurbished, as is 4 cylinder sleeve valve engine (Knight System) 3562 cc/20 hp engine. The car has undergone recent partial body restoration, retaining original patina, with new tyres, upholstery, running boards and is running.Viewing by appointment only (Car garaged in Kent, UK).

Photos appear here.
Gilletman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterwpg wrote:
peterwpg wrote:

As per my previous post, OH1536 appears here via "Pinterest" I am assuming that the photos were taken by Prewarcar.

Photos appear here.

that is the one.
Photo was taken by previous owner, for sale on prewarcar.
I hope some history previous 1999 wil pop up. Someone must have seen that car at that time. After that i know the history.
JohnDale

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gilletman, google 'DVLA previous owner information' then follow the links.
You will need to download form V888,fill it in & post to the address shown with £5.00 fee. They are not very quick at sending what info they have but will eventually. Good luck,JD.
Gilletman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnDale wrote:
You will need to download form V888,fill it in & post to the address shown with £5.00 fee. They are not very quick at sending what info they have but will eventually. Good luck,JD.

Thanks i wil surely do so.

Thanks to this forum i was abel to track down a person ho knew mr Johnson.
There is a possibilety he is not longer under us, as he should be around 85 years old by now. But i hope stil there are other people, relatives ho know someting.

The info about the color silver coud be correct if the car at that time was not painted. Aluminium boddy. I presume silver in 1920 as a paint was not yet common, if not impossible?
Gilletman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: minerva info stil looking Reply with quote

Gilletman wrote:
JohnDale wrote:

Thanks i wil surely do so.

Thanks to this forum i was abel to track down a person ho knew mr Johnson.
There is a possibilety he is not longer under us, as he should be around 85 years old by now. But i hope stil there are other people, relatives ho know someting.

The info about the color silver coud be correct if the car at that time was not painted. Aluminium boddy. I presume silver in 1920 as a paint was not yet common, if not impossible?

I'm stil looking for old pictures of this car.

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: