classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Bentley T brakes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
victor 101

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Bentley T brakes Reply with quote

I bought my T a few years ago and in hindsight I must have been wearing a blindfold when I viewed it, we had travelled a fair distance to view it and arrived just after dark. Big mistake.
Anyway moving on in time and I decided to overhaul the brake calipers. Damaged seals, rusty and sticky pistons, seized bleed nipples, they had it all. After replacing all the relevant parts and plenty of R363 later they were working better than they had done since I bought it. But one thing still niggled me, I couldn't see the fluid level in the sight glasses, so decided to remove the reservoir and find out the problem. And this is it. This little beauty is one of the O rings that sits behind the sight glasses. And the cause of this was that someone had previously used the wrong fluid which was understandable as the label on the reservoir stated DOT3/4 and the bottom of the reservoir had a film of green on it which may even have been the fluid used on some other models of Bentley/RR. I have replaced the label with one for R363. Hopefully, other than having to replace a cracked sight glass which I must have done on reassembly, that will be the end of the saga. URL=http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/72bentleyt/media/IMG_8796_zpsx5bqlwvf.jpg.html][/URL]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: