classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Morris 10 4 series M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
sammyb_24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Morris 10 4 series M Reply with quote

Hi there, I am new to this particular forum but when browsing online for some advice and parts I came across a useful post on this site and decided to join in the fun.

My dad I swear currently putting an 1948 Morris 10/4 Series M back on the road safely but not doing a full nut Andy bolt resto job. The main issue so far is all the rubber bushings have corroded which is to be expected for a car of this age so the suspension for instance currently is uncomfortable to say the least. Where is the best place to source parts or does anyone know what other cars parts fit this particular model?

Thank you for any help.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. I'm don't recall whether they cover models as late as the 10 M, but The Cooke Group in Leicester do a lot of Morris parts, and they may be interchangeable with similar models.

UKDave might have a few leads as he's involved with pre-war Morrises, 8s in particular.

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
norustplease

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suggest that you join the Morris Register. They have a good spares operation with a web shop. I think that the bushes are the same as the Morris 8.
I had one of these for a number of years (see picture). It now lives in Guernsey.

Boring Tucson SUV
bjacko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Morris 10 Ser M Reply with quote

The rubber bushes in the spring eye and chassis are Morris p/n 95050 and the silent block is 83987. They are the same part number as fitted to Morris 8 Ser E. Ian Harris or the Morris Register spares may be able to supply them. They may also be the same as some MG cars in which case MG parts suppliers may be able o supply them.
sammyb_24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really lovely example of the car there very nice indeed. I shall look around the spares register and see what I can find, also definitely talk to them. Thank you for the help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: