classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Hello
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Smiter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a new member. My caravan is a Lunar Venus 400 believed to have been made in the early 1970s. I picked her up recently (wasn't even looking for a caravan) for a mere £100. She tows well and has a small (lol) leak. We have started stripping the paper off to discover that although there is a small leak it's been allowed to spread and the whole of one wall is soaking under the paper. We now have to figure out how to get the wardrobe/cupboard out to remove the rest of the wetpatch. We then need to figure out the way to remove the gutter (where leak is) to clean and silicon seal the area. Then of course replace the boards and repaper. Thankfully the floor is sound, the cooker works and the electrics work. Although can't figure out how the battery charges at all, found the battery but not the run to the lights etc.

I have had a quick look around the forums and am very impressed by all of your hard work and amazing caravans, our one is almost new compared to some. I hope I have the time/money/patience and ability to carry out the needed work.

One of the priorities is to find somewhere to get my hands on the other half of the jockey wheel clamp so we can get the jockey wheel on, at our age it's a bit much having to lift the a frame and try to guide the caravan without a wheel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: