classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Sunbeam Alpine SV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
Plonk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Sunbeam Alpine SV Reply with quote

Hi,
It'been a while since I posted on here but I have finally realised I am never going to get behind the wheel of my Alpine again ( failing eyesight) my wife keeps telling me to sell it but I am unsure of it'value.
I was a former mechanic and completely restored the car around 10 years ago, e.g
Bare metal respray (cardinal red)
Overdrive gearbox fitted
Rebuilt engine
brakes/steering etc
new interior
Reveneered dashboard with lockable glovebox
New hood
Weber twin choke carb and manifold (still have original strombergs/pancakes etc)
It was originally a GT but I fitted a soft top and still have the original steel hardtop but it needs welding..
I only managed to get a couple of hundred miles on the clock before stating another project but then suffered some health problems and never drove it again but my son drove it a couple of years ago and it drove fine.
Unfortunately where it has been standing the fuel has 'gone off'and it was a pig to start the last time I tried (it is stored at my daughters house).
The paintwork is still very good but the rechromed bumpers are beginning to pit.
As far as I now the only remaing job was to get the speedo recalibrated (after fitting overdrive box).
Iknow what they are fetching in top condition but would like to get £5000 for it as it is but if that is too optimistic I will drain and refill the tank, give it a polish/ mot 0and go for a figure nearer the market value but given my health problems I would rather let it go as it is.

Am I roughly in the correct ball par? Obviously I had spent a lot of time and money on the car over the tears and would like to get some of it back .
What do you think?
MVPeters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photos?
Phone?
E-mail?
Location?
Plonk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: sunbeam alpine Reply with quote

Hi,
The car is located in Rainham, Kent.I did of course provide an email address but didn't realise I had to enable it in my profile for it to be seen. I would be happy to provide photos direct to anyone who requests them but most photos I have are at least a couple of years old but as I said the car is at my daughter's house and I am unable to drive but will try and get some up to date photos soon.
I forgot to mention that the car has wire wheels fitted with radial tyres.
I just wanted to get a rough ildea of i it's vale before putting it up for sale.
Paul fairall

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend had a nice example with no rust or filler in the wheel arches, he removed both tanks and coated them as the old lining was getting in the carbs
Not sure what else he did but it was a very nice car. I believe he sold it for £10,000. I would like to say he could look at it and give you an idea of value but he's so busy working seven days a week I doubt it would happen. If you send me some photos I will show him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: