classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Super Minx clutch losing pressure
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
TriciaS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V8 Nutter wrote:
It's simple fit the thrusts you have, then lever the crank as far forward as possible check the gap between the thrust washers and the crank that is your end float, if it's more than about .005 you need to do something about it. I can't remember what the book said end float should be, but I'm guessing about .002 to .006 should be about right

yes we did that and the gap is .004 and has to be between .002 and .008 so about right and cured the clutch problem for about 5 mins
V8 Nutter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it only worked for about 5 minutes, that is probably because the main cap is too damaged to hold the thrust washer in place. If you take it apart again I think you will find the thrust washers are back in the sump.
TriciaS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V8 Nutter wrote:
If it only worked for about 5 minutes, that is probably because the main cap is too damaged to hold the thrust washer in place. If you take it apart again I think you will find the thrust washers are back in the sump.

yes as I said I knew by the sound it was at least one but clutch still workiing not losing pressure so obviously only 1 fell in but had welded a bit on the bearing cap to hopefully stop it happening so presume it was the wear in the crank that made it fall out or not come out far enough on bearing cap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: