classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

warwick wright
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Gilletman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: warwick wright Reply with quote

Warwick wright was the sole importer of Minerva cars in the UK (london) in the beginning of the 1900, but does enyone know entil wat year.
He raced 1907 the TT, and imported also metalurgique cars in 1912.

thanks for any replays.
Bengt Axel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minerva Motors of 40 Holborn Viaduct were advertising at least as early as 1903. Although I suppose it is possible that this was a trading name for one Warwick Wright, or it was a company he was a director of, it isn't an address associated with him.

He was certainly still competing in Minerva'a as late as 1906 but was better known as the Metallurgique importer
Gilletman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengt Axel wrote:
Minerva Motors of 40 Holborn Viaduct were advertising at least as early as 1903. Although I suppose it is possible that this was a trading name for one Warwick Wright, or it was a company he was a director of, it isn't an address associated with him.

He was certainly still competing in Minerva'a as late as 1906 but was better known as the Metallurgique importer

thanks. I would like to find out if he was stil importer in 1919 or 1920 or ho where other importers at that time. I have a Minerva from that year and sold in UK in 1919/1920. Some history would be nice. Best regards.
V8 Nutter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across an address for Minerva Automobiles, listed from 1909 until the late thirties as Stratton Street London W1.

In the late 60's early 70's Warwick Wright were listed as the official importers of Australian Chryslers
Gilletman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V8 Nutter wrote:
I came across an address for Minerva Automobiles, listed from 1909 until the late thirties as Stratton Street London W1.

In the late 60's early 70's Warwick Wright were listed as the official importers of Australian Chryslers

Thank you, Do you have any pictures of this advertising?

Rgds.
V8 Nutter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the address in an old book from the early 60's titled The Motor Car Index 1928 to 1939. The information about the Australian Chrysler dealer ship is on a face book page American Cars UK
Gilletman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V8 Nutter wrote:
I found the address in an old book from the early 60's titled The Motor Car Index 1928 to 1939. The information about the Australian Chrysler dealer ship is on a face book page American Cars UK

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: