classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

TTK 560 Humber Sceptre, anyone recognise?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
MrWhite

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: TTK 560 Humber Sceptre, anyone recognise? Reply with quote

I owned this car which at the time was 2 tone Bronze and Brown around 1982 and always wondered if it had survived. I live in Central Scotland and there are not really that many classics up here, fair enough the weather limits how much you can use them, so many go down South when they are sold, so hoping maybe someone saved it.
The car was a two tone, Bronze (original) on top and brown (added I suspect) Mk1 Sceptre, Reg No. "TTK 560" in my teens but had to sell it due to my Parents moving and no space for the old girl at the new house. So the bodywork was in pretty good condition, it had a back interior and I was just looking at a bronze one on E.Bay which looked like the reg had been pinched at some time but the interior was beige. That brought me to to checking to see what is the correct colour and mine wasn't, so not sure what or why it had maybe been changed but 35 years later it doesn't really matter, unless the car still exists?
The car had a 1600 single carb engine and was a non-runner with no paperwork when I got it. I spent the next year fighting with the DVLA but I did finally get a Logbook. Mechanically we changed the carb and got it running but it had no drive. We took the engine out and changed the clutch but still no drive and then I was forced into selling it. I thought about trying to buy it back but was told it had either been scrapped or sold to a Banger racer.
I almost gave up but recently I found the registration number is on an un-MOT'd Mitsubishi Pajero in Linconshire or some such place. So that made me think, I am sure in those days an MOT was essential for number transfers and to get an MOT the car would have to be running and driving all being above board of course, so maybe, just maybe it survived??
Appreciate anyone with any info or advice or point me in the right direction, please let me know Crying or Very sad
JohnDale

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mr White. I think there are more classics in the Central Belt than you have come across. We,the Pre67 Ford Owners Club, run the Scottish Ford Day show every year(for the last 26 years). September 2017 was the last one & we had 650 entries to the show. Thanks to some reasonable weather a good show was enjoyed by all. Kind regards,JD.
MrWhite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are certainly more Fords nowodays, I doubt if there are any, "stuck in the back of a barn" ones left, in fact they seemed to find barns I never knew existed. Do you have other makes at your shows or is it Ford only?
MrWhite

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple of picture links if that helps; https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p95wkctk0n8v4u/Humber3.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ahi9sppb5hidoj/Humber2.jpg?dl=0
Taken approximately 35 years ago Surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: