classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Repainting a radiator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
goneps

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject: Repainting a radiator Reply with quote

Since I'm completely rebuilding the Morris 8 (which had been running well enough but the body needed fixing) it makes sense to repaint the radiator core and surrounding steelwork. It's in reasonable condition but needs to be smartened up, and I'm uncertain how to proceed. There are many inaccessible nooks and crannies so access with power tools is out, and I'm not a fan of dip stripping for such an item.

The existing paint could well be original (possibly stove enamel) from the 1930s. I've considered just lightly rubbing down all accessible areas with wet and dry before repainting.

Does anyone have any better ideas about how to make a decent job of this? Recommendations for type of paint would also be welcome.

thanks,

Richard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: