classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

new promotional video for Suffolk Jaguar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Ray White

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: new promotional video for Suffolk Jaguar. Reply with quote

I have no interest in Suffolk Jaguar - excepting that I would love to own one of their SS100 replicas. The combination of 1930's styling and JaguarXJ6 running gear appeals to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Zbvr6iqWQ&t=6s
47Jag

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray,

A nice little film there. The silly boy seems to have a death wish not wearing his seat belt.

Art
Ray White

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

47Jag wrote:
Ray,

A nice little film there. The silly boy seems to have a death wish not wearing his seat belt.

Art

I noticed that. I have had some correspondence with Fraser and he seems genuine. I should hate for anything to happen to either him or his father.

Those cars really do go. I would feel decidedly nervous travelling at speed without a seat belt. It reminds me of how my Dad never wore a crash helmet on his motorbike. Crazy!
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to see a kit car with an metal body Smile and also their attention to detail.

Dave
Ray White

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdave2002 wrote:
It's nice to see a kit car with an metal body Smile and also their attention to detail.

Dave

Actually, the only parts of the SS100 replica body that are metal are the windscreen frame, the aluminium bonnet and the chrome plated brass radiator shell. The body tub; one piece GRP with steel reinforcement, is a surprisingly accurate copy taken from an original and of outstanding quality. Interestingly, the quality of the unique SS replica parts is so good they have been utilised by restorers of genuine cars.

I often hear people scoff at replicas because they are not "the real thing". As original Jaguar SS100s sell for hundreds of thousands of pounds the Suffolk replica is the nearest most people can get to owning the "real" thing.

At the moment, even if I sold both my vintage cars, I would still be well short of what it would cost to purchase one of these cars - even in kit form!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: