classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Earlpart in liquidation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Riley Blue

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Earlpart in liquidation Reply with quote

Some bad news, especially for owners of Riley One-Point-Fives and Wolseley 1500s; parts supplier Earlpart of Heanor, Derbyshire, went into liquidation recently. I called in earlier this week, found their premises locked and spoke to someone from a neighbouring business who told me Neil had health problems, hence the closure.

However, they did also tell me that another classic spares supplier had shown an interest in the premises so there is hope.

1963 Riley 1.5
1965 Riley 1.5
PAUL BEAUMONT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil has had pretty serious health problems for a year, but I saw him recently and he seemed to be making progress. This is quite sad as Earlpart offered a reasonable service and were particularly useful at making obsolete exhaust systems.
Rootes75

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its never nice to see a company such as this go out of business. But as you say there may be hope in someone else taking it over or maybe at least taking on the stock.
AndyF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently David Kingerley has bought all the stock from Earlpart and will be trading from April or May. Not sure what name / company he will be trading under as no official announcement made yet
Richard H

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible shame about Earlpart. I must have easily spent £2k on parts and panels for my A55 MK1 restoration with them, over the last few years. Always friendly and helpful. They were also kind enough to show me around when I showed up at their spectacularly old-fashioned premises a year or so ago, in my Somerset.
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Kingerley is a reputable supplier so hopefully, the service will resume
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: