classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

My Austin Healey MK II BJ7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Andreaslyt

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: My Austin Healey MK II BJ7 Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to my post(my first post)

I have a small collection of veteran cars, and now I think it is about time to change my collection a bit, and give up some of the cars. Therefore I need some advice since I am not an expert on this matter("yet").

I would like to sell my Austin Healey MK II BJ7, and maybe trade it for something else. I have had this car for a while, it is in good shape. Can run and drive. It has all original parts, it did get a motor renovation two years ago.

I would like to know a few things, that you guys might be able to help me with.

What car should I get next? I would like a car familiar to my Austin.

How much do you think my Austin Healey is actually worth, I have a hard time comparing my car and price, since I live in Denmark. And my car is one of the only ones in the danish market.

Sincerly Andreas Lytzen
- As I said, this is my first post, so i would appreciate kindness Very Happy
badhuis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Andreas to "the club" (this forum)!
Regarding the value of your AH - this depends on several things. Condition - originality - history. There are several price guides on the internet. The fact that it is in Denmark should not matter too much, if you wish you can sell it on the international market using websites (carandclassic is a good, an free, example) or web auctions (Ebay, Catawiki) or use an actual auction house (H&H, Brightwells, Bonhams, there are many bigger and smaller examples).
If the car is in a good condition with no mechanical faults, a good interior and exterior, no obvious changes to originality it should fetch at least €50.000.

As for replacing the "Austin" - well it is up to you. There is a world of classic cars out there. It is pretty easy nowadays to find something you would like.
If you want a two seater sports car from the sixties I have to put forward the Triumph TR4. I have owned my car since 23 years and have never come across another make/type of car which I would replace it with (being an open two seater). Good performance, reasonable comfortable, very reliable, useful boot space, spares no problem and not too expensive, wind up side windows (useful on the long motorway spells), perfect lines, beautiful inside details.
Just my view of course.

Let us see some pictures of your Austin Healey! Or any of the other cars of your collection!
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, can you give us an idea of what type of car you would like to buy in future, after the Healey has sold?

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: