classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

I now dont have a clues if I have a current MOT.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
alastairq

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickjaxe wrote:
Maybe me being silly...but I always like to think the owners of classic cars as being very capable of maintaining to classic to the highest std without trusting on other who may not be 100% keen.

I know I take 100% responsibility for mine and am more than happy to do so...throughout the whole year...not just the day of its test.

I agree entirely. So does the Government. Plus, the evidence [Road accident statistics] supports that view.
BigJohn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I disagree, I have encountered a minority of classic car owners who although well meaning, would be dangerous left to maintain a basic pencil sharpener, then there are the unscrupulous buy, bodge, and sell, merchants.
The MOT is an essential check against these, and for the small outlay a useful set of alternative eyes in case familiarisation sets in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: