classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

old commer and posting photo's
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
clogs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: old commer and posting photo's Reply with quote

just returned to the forum....been a watcher but now have a little more time...

has there been a new way to add photo's to the forum ?
after the photo-bucket debacle ........

will be starting to rebuild my old Commer Lyons type bread "T" van, 1930's.....plus some other goodies.......
any help out there........
or are the men is expensive suits still trying to keep us blind.....
many thanks Clogs
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a read through this thread, some people are using other photo hosting sites such as Flickr or Postimage: http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19697

Read to the end of it though, as it's been updated as things change.
Rootes75

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice to see some pictures of the Commer.
clogs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: commer + photos Reply with quote

Rootes75,
photo's, that's the plan......
also, this vehicle is will pull my caravan and family to Crete.......my new home..........
the idea is to take a few photo's on the way.. and when it's in my new workshop.....
out of interest, it was fitted with a 2.5'ish/ltr side-valve engine, 3 speed box.....cable brakes front and rear with 20" split rims and tubes.....
I think along the way the wheel were changed to solids, think they should be Artillery rims.?...don't have the money to change em, even if I could find a set....
I've owned it for over thirty years I guess.......it came from a North Wales
auction....it was in a pretty bad state and robbed out by some scum bag old vehicle spares guy in the auction yard.....(who got his cum-upence in the end, Karma, hahaha)
until the last 15 years I used it every week ........once in Crete it'll get a cab off restoration and prob a new oak floor in the back.....it still has the runners for the bread tray's....
even the original coat hanger and glass light in the cab, a vent to the rear...similar material to a cold safe.....oh, the cab has sliding ally doors and sliding windows plus the cab has opening windscreen, it also had round swivelling seats but now converted to a bench seat, the original fuel tank is in a box under the seat with a huge brass screw on cap.....
in the process of making a new split hinged ally bonnet, original has a solid lid and two side panels, all steel......keeping the side panels.....
the steering box was totally junk and could only find 1 place in London to repair it but they would only guarantee 1 MOT pass, so at over £400's that's 30 odd years ago I converted her to power steering with a st/box from a Toyota pick-up, which still works perfectly...in the cab u'd never know....anyway a 3 point turn is actually a 7 point turn, so with the power steering it does make it more user friendly.....
it's never gonna be a museum piece and I don't care what people think.....they don't have to tug on the steering...do they....?
I feel very lucky to own her....she is called Charlotte after my gran.....
oh, by the way I'm a very active 70 year old...
so ya c I plan on havin some fun....oh, along with my 1928 Citroen C4 pick-up but thats another story.........tara.......clogs
Kenham

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about photo's I think we need a film about this. Sounds like the adventure of a lifetime, fair play to you.
Kenham

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about photo's I think we need a film about this. Sounds like the adventure of a lifetime, fair play to you.
clogs

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: old commer and posting photo's Reply with quote

thats now't,

I did drive my Morris j pick-up from Los-Angeles thru Texas and up to Baltimore for the ferry home.........
I got separated so decided to go drive about........sent the truck from Harwich via Japan to LA......drove it around and had a ball, worked about for gas money but that was about 45 years ago....
guess u couldn't do it now........

BUT when I get my 1930's Indian finished plan on riding to London via Athens, then DHL to New York, down to Daytona speed week then on to Sturgis and back to LA....see if anyone I know is still alive....

now that'll be an adventure and yes the wife is happy about it........
rock on........
Rootes75

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will be an adventure!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: