classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Recent sightings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
RotaryBri

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:48 am    Post subject: Recent sightings Reply with quote

I was cruising down the Fosse Way in my Ro80 and spotted a car a long way ahead and thought 'I know that shape'. As I got nearer I thought BMC possibly an 1100/1300 or a Maxi or even a Landcrab.

It was a Wolseley Six, 1973 registration *** 300L in that mustard colour. When we had to stop at a halt sign I opened my window to listen to it drive off. Nice sound and it took me back to when I had a new Wolseley Six myself. The thing that I could not get over was how narrow the tyres were. I do not remember them being so narrow.

Perhaps our man in Newcastle can tell me the tyre size.

Seen today a Fiat 500, Citroen 2CV Van still working, a TR6 and a well worn Morris 1000.

RotaryBri

1976 NSU Ro80
mikeC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Landcrab was fitted with 165x14s - surely a similar size to your Ro80?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: