classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Eight Go Rallying: The Road To Saigon (BBC2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Riley Blue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a coincidence that events organised by the ERA are henceforth to come under the HERO umbrella?

https://heroevents.eu/article/hero-and-era-press-release/

As for 'Carry On Rallying' itself, it was a bit of a farce, wasn't it? Crews without a clue about classic cars (or any sort of car), navigators with no concept of distance or left and right, questionable steering technique (crossed arms, hands inside the wheel etc), holding on to the roll cage (!) and harnesses incorrectly worn; none of it reflected well on the organisers or the participants.

1963 Riley 1.5
1965 Riley 1.5
Ray White

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt the programme makers even considered consequences any further than the potential for TV ratings. To most viewers these so called "celebrities" are participating in an event of which they have no knowledge in classic cars with which they have no experience. I wasn't going to watch it but in the end I did and it was just as dire as I imagined it would be.

I have never attempted rally driving but I did try my hand as a navigator and in my experience, it is without doubt one of the most difficult things I have ever tried. I failed miserably because the level of concentration required.
Ashley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t watch broadcast TV any more, especially not the BBC who I think are completely out of touch with most of us.

Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube and occasionally Quest are all I watch. Nothing would persuade me to go back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: