classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Parts supplier
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
simonA30

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Parts supplier Reply with quote

I have been using ****, and to be honest I just don't trust them. It's true they have most parts, and deliver quickly, however, if there is a problem they are a nightmare. They refused to give me the money back on a good exchange part, and now they are mucking me about on a new excess part they agreed to refund. To be honest I find them useless. Is there another supplier I can use with better service for my A30 ???
Thanks
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon

you have posted this message here before and other forums, I'm not replying to defend the supplier, but there is little value in posting comments such as yours without context and a response from the supplier so that there is a balanced view.

I look after a club spares service, and we like any other supplier have to adhere to UK/EU law and distance selling rules , all of which is very much biased to protect the consumer. If you have a problem the law protects you, and ultimately no one forces you to purchase from them.

Any supplier in this business treasures loyalty, so most if not all will go over and above what they are legally obliged too to keep you happy....a call to them would be best.

Dave
Penguin45

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't find another Morris Minor parts supplier, you aren't trying.

P45.
simonA30

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penguin45 wrote:
If you can't find another Morris Minor parts supplier, you aren't trying.

P45.

Oh, I can find another Morris Minor parts supplier, but that isn't a lot of good when you own an A30.

It isn't impossible to find bits and pieces here and there, but some places demand a membership fee, and even then have a very restricted selection of parts. I need a supplier like the one I have named, but is more efficient
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specifics removed - again, we've covered this off before and the reasons for not naming-and-blaming on here have been given.

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
simonA30

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdave2002 wrote:
Simon

you have posted this message here before and other forums, I'm not replying to defend the supplier, but there is little value in posting comments such as yours without context and a response from the supplier so that there is a balanced view.

Dave

With all due respect Dave, on that premise nobody would be permitted to post a comment on trip advisor, trustpilot, or perhaps one of the many other feedback sites on the internet.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonA30 wrote:
ukdave2002 wrote:
Simon

Dave

With all due respect Dave, on that premise nobody would be permitted to post a comment on trip advisor, trustpilot, or perhaps one of the many other feedback sites on the internet.

Trip Advisor (for example) gives the company right to reply. They're not able to do that here without being a signed-up member. If you don't agree, then so be it. Set up a Facebook page or a website and post your complaints there, not here please.

The subject is now closed.

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
simonA30

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
simonA30 wrote:
ukdave2002 wrote:
Simon

Dave

Trip Advisor (for example) gives the company right to reply. They're not able to do that here without being a signed-up member. If you don't agree, then so be it. Set up a Facebook page or a website and post your complaints there, not here please.

The subject is now closed.

RJ

Fair comment, but the largest feedback site is Trustpilot, and the business in question does not have the opportunity to reply. I accept your policy, but it is not law. I just think sites like this should be places where enthusiasts can warn others about unscrupulous traders.

Just in case you were wondering, the supplier in question said they would ring back within 30 minutes, but didn't. Rung again a day later and was told the matter had been sorted, but as yet no refund. This is now two weeks after the item was returned. Please PM me if anyone wants the name of the supplier in question
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: