classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

The Dagenham Story
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Peter_L

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:07 pm    Post subject: The Dagenham Story Reply with quote

Via Youtube. The history of Ford at Dagenham.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EltyEw4BSU
Rootes75

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good.
consul 57

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was interviewd by the producers about 1 year before they showed it, sadly they did not use my contribution.
my bit was all about the mk2 consul, zephyr and zodiac we used to have in the 80's.
great story though.
Peter_L

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

consul 57 wrote:
i was interviewd by the producers about 1 year before they showed it, sadly they did not use my contribution.
my bit was all about the mk2 consul, zephyr and zodiac we used to have in the 80's.
great story though.

Hello. Did you work on the line and if so was it as 100% brain numbing as depicted.

I watched Linwood, The Hillman Imp Story last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtW4KNCBk1Y

I never owned an Imp but did spend some time in one owned by my cousin. On a trip to Scotland, the water hose came off of the water pump, the clip had come loose. We had to cut a hole on the floor panel above the pump so as to get a screwdriver onto the clip. The auto choke was a disaster, the pneumatic throttle unpredictable at times and it leaked around the screen, but as the dealer pointed out, it only leaked when it rained.

From the Linwood video I then went to the Longbridge one. There are quite a few Search Youtube "Longbridge" The MG one and the China fiasco, fascinating but at the same time depressing.

Not sure how the younger generations view the demise of the UK Motor Industry but for me, of an age that remember the few highs and many lows, my opinion, there were a lot of people at all levels and positions that not only "shot themselves in the foot" they went back and did it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: