classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Llandudno any one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
winchman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Llandudno any one? Reply with quote

Tried before but always get rejected? Just wondering is it just bad luck or what exhibits are they actually looking for?
Tried may classic camper last year told the class was full, when we arrived we didn't see many?
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far in advance do you apply for a pass? I've never done the event myself for various reasons, but I do hear that it gets full up quite quickly. By now, for example, you may have left it too late for this year.
winchman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that but due to work cant commit too far in advance, so having several vehicles I entered one and was rejected, so I asked about room in other classes to be told I would have to write in for each one!
It was disappointing when we attended as visitors in a classic only to find plenty of room on the field.
I just felt it was difficult when other events I can ring up and see which classes have room?
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you tend to get this if the event organisers know that they're going to get a full show regardless, some tend to play on that and don't feel the need to make it easy for people. Also some shows have different organisers for different sections - so the chap who does trucks might not have any contact with the person who does buses, and so on, and so it's as easy for you to contact each one as it is for each section organiser to phone around. In cases like those, though, it'd be handy in your case with a selection of vehicles to fill out several forms and say "I'd just like one of these, don't mind which one", rather than risk all of them being accepted and only being able to take one.

I also try not to apply for any shows that I am not sure I can get to. Fortunately I've never worked weekends and certainly don't intend to start now, so it's only ever been an issue for those shows that sometimes have a Friday preview day. But it's good to not just apply anyway and then let people down - that's a good way to not get accepted next time, too.

I stress I've never tried Llandudno, so the above is a general view.
winchman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will post my stuff tomorrow, if I don't get in I will still attend
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: