classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1968 JAG
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
chimpchoker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two sundays in a row.. wonders will never cease.
Got the heater box, part of the wiring loom and the water pipes out today. again about 3 hours but worth it. The only downside is the neighbours keep mentioning the trance / dance / hip hop music that is eminating from my garage every sunday now.....
chimpchoker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
congrats on getting in a magazine! If you can keep nibbling away at a car, even just 30 mins an evening, things do get achieved which feels nice Smile

R

It right there Rick. Each night this week decided to go out for 30 minutes and that turns into about 2.5 hours then my body says time to go inside and I've got a lot done.

Apart from bits mentioned elsewhere I've now got the radiator out, thefan and dynamo off plus little bits like cowling's and electric cabling and the front grill out.

Big hole at the front now and I can see more rust.......hmmmm. Reckon a motor bike might be easier for the next project... what say yee good folk, a triumph bonny or something else....
chimpchoker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't come along too frequently for me these days but
today was indeed a good day. You know like one of those days
where nothing goes wrong, when all nuts and bolts come out
clean, when photographs and writing notes all come together,
when tempers are not frayed, skin is not lost, no resorting
to hammer spanners and there are copious cups of tea from
the missus.

Well today has been one of those days. Got all the wiring
disconnected in the engine bay, the exhaust and manifolds
off, and started on stripping out the brakes. The osf door
hinges came off ok and I even got the carbs off before the
light faded. It doesn't seem much for about 6 hours graft
but all on my own spanners take juggling when you are trying
to loosen screws that are nearly 40 years old....

.....Tomorrow is another day of course but I have really enjoyed today and think I'll have another go tomorrow. The engine bay is more or less ready to drop the engine out of the bottom now so i think i'll put the car up on stands tomorrow and get to grips with the gearbox / propshaft nuts and bolts etc to disconnect the prop from the rear axle.
I need to make a space frame from metal I have to support the body so I can move it about before i send it to the dippers and also whilst I have bits welded so whilst under the car i might measure that up.

ain't life grand when it all comes together...........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: