classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Morris 1300 up for grabs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Morris 1300 up for grabs Reply with quote

Received this email yesterday, car is in Bristol. If anyone is interested drop me a line and (when I get a contact number) I'll send it to you:

-----------------

i got your email address from the classic car website, i hope you don't mind me writing.

i live in bristol and have a 1970 (i think) morris 1300 which doesn't start and needs work doing to it. my knowledge of cars is terrible, particuarly with a classic car.
i would like it to go to a person who will love it, as it is a beautiful car. i am the third owner from new and the mileage is low.

i would like some money for it, but it doesn't have an MOT and the mechanics in my area are particularly unhelpful. i had about £300 worth of welding done about 3 years ago, but have been told since that it was a cowboys job.
it was on a builders site for 15 months without being started, after about 20 mins of charging it started and ran very smoothly. but it hasn't started again for about 2 months now. 15 months ago, a friends husband who likes cars, had a look at it with his colleagues, tinkered around with it and it got through the MOT for about £25.

recently a mechanic came, took one look at it and told me not to bother, but then a friends boyfriend who used to be a mechanic looked at it and said that it wasn't that bad, all it needs is to go though the MOT and would be a good investment for the right person.

the body work is in really good condition, with only a bit of rust, but it does need a good clean.
it's dark green and has light blue leather interior, there is a tear on on of the seats.

i need it to be moved as soon as possible as it is in a friends parking space.

as i said, i do not know if i will be able to answer any technical questions, i may need to ask a friend to help me, and as i only discovered your website today, i do not have any pictures.

do you think your website would be a good place to offer it to someone?

thanks for your time
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: