classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

RAF Upwood/Ramsey 1940s weekend 18th-19th August
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Historic Aviation
Rob

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: RAF Upwood/Ramsey 1940s weekend 18th-19th August Reply with quote

As well as an old car/plane nut, i'm also a WWII re-enactor (although strongly considering selling all my stuff to pay for a Mini). Here's my photos from a show I did in Cambridgeshire back in the lovely wet August we had!

Start off with a look at some of the classic civilian vehicles on display

Grandfather of the 'plastic pig', a 1930's Reliant van

1938 Dennis Ace fire engine (it was 'ace'! Badum tish!)

My favourite, the Fordson E83W Thames van, I want one!

The great thing about the steamroller was that even when it drove past you, you still had time to get your camera out, turn it on, then walk at a normal speed and get a decent photo of it about ten metres from where you started!

Oi loves moi tra'ers!

Onto the military stuff

One of two carriers with 'Tramps in Armour' (I still reckon they have the coolest name of any re-enactment group ever)

Very rare Humber ambulance which was also at Nene Valley

AEC Matador

Fordson WOT2 15 cwt truck

BBMF Lancaster put on an awesome display, enjoyed it even more as Upwood was an ex-Lancaster base (156 Squadron who Summer of 44 were portraying)

Gary and Ramsey off on 'ops'

Singing in the rain

Who doesn't love sleeping in pup tents?! Well, me, which is why I just put my kit in there and slept in one of the 160lb'ers!

Photo of our display with a rather nice 1943 Ford GPW, courtesy of Robert Langham (not me, another one - turns out he's distantly related to me!)

Another pic

Didn't have a mk III Sten unfortunately

Just waiting to scan in the WW2 photo of this, but the pose and angle etc are perfect, on the original pic the guy even has the tattoo on the right place!

Me? Pose? Never!

Nice pic of the Jeep itself, soon to be in Leicestershire Regiment markings
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful stuff, Rob.

Cheers.

http://www.loosechange-band.co.uk/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Historic Aviation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: