classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Plastic Tractor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories
dclf1947

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Plastic Tractor Reply with quote

Showed some kids one of my old toys today, a plastic electric motor driven tractor. I think it was made by Marx in the mid 1950's. Found it in a box of junk at a steam rally a few years ago , cost a pound but was covered in grime and the batteries (still in) had leaked out over many years. It cleaned up well and actually works. If it gets stuck in a corner the dog clutch on one of the front wheels disengages allowed the axle to steer on the driven wheel and turn / reverse it's way out, at the same time as the axle steers a cam underneath the pivot rotates actuating rods that move the driver's arms / legs to simulate him actually driving. What I noticed today though was that on the side it is written "reversible diesel electric". Has a diesel electric tractor (or truck) ever been made commercially.

Dave Foster
Philippines
[img]
[/img][img][/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: