classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

80'S FORECOURT PICTURES AND LOCATIONS PLEASE IN KENT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories
SEE YA

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: 80'S FORECOURT PICTURES AND LOCATIONS PLEASE IN KENT Reply with quote

Hello after any 80's forecourt pictures of petrol stations please.Plus locations of old petrol station in Kent which have now closed down.

Thanks.

SEE YA
the fly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did a demolition job on filling station and workshop about 10 years ago on a 21about 2 miles hastings side of kiplings cross on lh side of road .hope of intrest to u
SEE YA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
the fly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya See ya . A few more .Maple leaf garage on a20 between bearsted and hollingbourne . owned by mr mortimer late 1940s early 1950s. Then later by mrLarter. A20 garage at harrietsham owned by mrCurtis late 1940s . Then by mr Weeks or Wiks . Baileys garage harrietsham at junction of church road and a20 owned by David Bailey. Haresgarage in lenham square . Now afish and chip shop. Couchmans garage in maidstone road lenham. gowers garage near lenham railway station. If this is the imfo you are interested in I may be able to think of a few more . regards The Fly
pigtin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis's garage, Bethersden. Fuggles, Tenterden. Haywards, Ashford. Crouch's, Ashford.
SEE YA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys great help.
the fly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harveys loose road maidstone oposite swan pub. Jenners loose road maidstone .Now a motorcycle dealers, Mr brencheleys garage on the green at boughton monchelsea. Former owner of the cock garage boughton monchelsea . garage at ulcombe cross roads owners name now forgotten . But was a dab hand with a shot gun when invaded by thievs on at least 2 ocasions in the 1950s he was prosecuted both times/ royston engineering at hollingbourne junction of hollingbourne hill and pilgrims way. regards the fly
SEE YA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anymore people.
the fly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harmans garage on the corner of station road harrietsham. Is now used by a company that renovate sports cars .

Garage in grafty green in the late 1950s oposite the pub [ kings arms i think ]. Regards The Fly .
les freathy

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Lydd many years ago at the west end of the high street was Charlie Nobles garage a Esso station with a ex army Ford WOT 15cwt breakdown trucks. In later years it became Ansells and cant remember? for many years i think as a Jet station they had a cracking converted Humber 1 to 4x4 breakdown truck but recent years saw only car sales and it has now closed.
In Harden road in lydd in the 1950s Percy Olver ran a Regent garage and i remember around 1970 trying to raise enough money to buy his old Chevrolet 8 cwt breakdown truck for dont laugh £60.00 but before i could raise it a chap called Frank Jones pipped me at the post. The garage is now car sales only
The third garage in Lydd was in my youth run by Bill Austin in Coronation Square it was a old family firm from years back that also ran a taxi service with if i remember three big Austin 16 cars. Bill retired years ago but the garage still operates now run by the chap who was bills apprentice
back in the 1970s
SEE YA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks people.
michael1703

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a thread on the autoshite forum showing 80's garage forecourts
SEE YA

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, do you have a link?. I had a look on the site, but could not find it.

Thank you for your time and help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Vintage Motoring-Related Toys, Tools & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: