classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

BLUEBIRDS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
moggy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of my caravan Reply with quote

Travelmaster wrote:
Hi Moggy, I have managed to upload pics of my caravan on my post, if you would like to see them. Best wishes.

Thanks for pictures regards moggy
moggy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

old van man wrote:
Hi, your hitch is more than likely to be a 2 inch type , 50mm started to came in use early sixtys onwards , you can put a 2 inch hitch on a 50mm ball but only for emergancies ! .
A tip for spotting the differance between the two types most 50mm balls have a small flat on the top of the ball, My first resto was a 1960 bluebird cambrian, and my tow car was a 1962 vauxhall cresta ,good luck with the bluebird ....Paul Smile

Thanks ,I have now both 2" and 50mm balls for towbar
moggy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyThames wrote:
Love your photos moggy, I like Bluebirds too, heavy trailers but worth the effort definitley, good luck with your plans for them.

Hi lady thames pictures have been emailed to you .moggy
moggy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyThames wrote:
Hey Moggy, hows the bluebirds going?

I have been delayed in the work for the 63 sunparlour and as you probably know have decided to sell the 1958 sunparlour as i don`t have enough time for both thanks for your concern but will definately be doing the little work i need to on the 63 one.regards .moggy
moggy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keef wrote:
Brian M wrote:
Too many to post on here

Why don't you open a photobucket or similar account?

I've got a Flickr one and you can create groups e.g. :-

http://www.flickr.com/groups/riley_kestrels/

Thanks for the link ,I will take your advice all the best moggy.
moggy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian M wrote:
Moggy

Do you have a pic of the original, I have a couple of hitches that I have taken off later Safaris.

Hi brian can you please send me your email address through pm so i can send you a photo of the hitch ,maybe you could then help me, Thanks moggy.
moggy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LadyThames wrote:
Love your photos moggy, I like Bluebirds too, heavy trailers but worth the effort definitley, good luck with your plans for them.

Did you get email photos ok ,Moggy
LadyThames

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thanks Moggy. Looks great, hope you find a good buyer who will finish it off well, I have all the enthusiasm but no room. Do you think it can be towed a few hundred miles or needs to be on a transporter? Just out of interest Laughing
moggy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: bluebird Reply with quote

LadyThames wrote:
Yeah thanks Moggy. Looks great, hope you find a good buyer who will finish it off well, I have all the enthusiasm but no room. Do you think it can be towed a few hundred miles or needs to be on a transporter? Just out of interest Laughing
Due to towbar need fixing ,I would say on trailer..Moggy
gordon28

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Towbar Old Type Reply with quote

http://www.autow.co.uk/trailer_parts/spring_braked_couplings_prices_28.html

try this link for the old bradley type hitch , 30cwt , 40cwt , or 60cwt. they are only issued for replacement only now. gordon

pigsrat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: bluebird Reply with quote

Nice to see bluebird photos as i have a bluebird sunparlour mk1. if anybody know's what wheel rim they are on or know of any spares for it. If any one can help with spares or inside photos could they please email me. Richard
moggy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: bluebird Reply with quote

Hi, Pigsrat ,Check your PM there is info for you there,Regards Moggy
pigsrat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: BLUEBIRDS Reply with quote

moggy wrote:
Hi, Everybody ,Im a new member,Just want to say hello, My Interests are for vintage and the old classic caravans ,as i have 2 of em, A 1958 bluebird sunparlour mk 1 and a 1963 mk2 bluebird sunparlour.When i get the hang of this i will post some pictures for anyone interested,So i send my best regards and bye for now,From Moggy.

hi to everyone. I own the cream and green bluebird caravan mk1 the way to tell a mk1 is it has a deep stripe all around the outside of the van. years are 1957 -1959 and mk2 1964 have deep stripe going into a thin stripe or check under sink as it is dated. Sometimes there is a date on the back of the wood look if you need to replace panel on door (mine was on the kitchen door.) On the mk1 paperwork it says the colours were, off white, infinity blue, mushroom, light green and dark green. hope this will help
pigsrat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: bluebird Reply with quote

hi to everyone. I own the cream and green bluebird caravan mk1 the way to tell a mk1 is it has a deep stripe all around the outside of the van. years are 1957 -1959 and mk2 1964 have deep stripe going into a thin stripe or check under sink as it is dated. Sometimes there is a date on the back of the wood look if you need to replace panel on door (mine was on the kitchen door.) On the mk1 paperwork it says the colours were, off white, infinity blue, mushroom, light green and dark green. hope this will help
moggy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: bluebird Reply with quote

The easiest way to tell the difference is by the depth of the windows on the Mk 1 They are shallower than the Mk11..Looking from the front outside in the middle at top of windows you will find the space is deeper from the peak of roof to the top of windows on the Mk1 than the mk11,Because on the Mk11 the windows are deeper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: