classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Hi from Denmark, Wood&Pickett/JANSPEED and VOLVO AMAZON.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Hi from Denmark, Wood&Pickett/JANSPEED and VOLVO AMAZON. Reply with quote

My name is Jens Christian, I like old cars Very Happy It all started with my mums 1963 MINI Estate, my father drowe MGs (had 14, incl 2 out of the 4 twincams that came to DK) last was a MGC-GT, but the famely finally outgrew the hatch, so he moved to Triumph, 2.5 PI with owerdrive Cool what a fast car that was. Next (1971)was he,s last UK car Sad it was a Vauxhall Ventora 3.3 L, also with owerdrive.
My 1st car was a MK I Cortina Very Happy almost in the correct Team Gold Leaf colours, red with gold Lotus stripes, and Rostyles, also in gold, but with a black roof Cool unfortunally I crashed it a few months later Crying or Very sad (black ice) after that I bought a VOLVO 122 S, US model, and that car is still with me to this day Shocked .
Not original but still its there Smile I also have a 1962 VOLVO 121 with VERY low body no(2 door).
My 1970 AMAZON is with very high no, as its from mid april, only 7 weeks from prodution stop.
I now focus on my Wood & Pickett/JANSPEED 1275 GT, its from september 1973, and have a GENUINE JANSPEED TURBO conversion.
I do a little Hillclimb in my 1965 Cooper S,(build for it) not original.
I have collected a few other projects Rolling Eyes for the long winters.
And I collect period accessories for the cars Very Happy SMITHS, Paddy Hopkirk, SPEEDWELL, etc
Hope to hear from someone with an interest in this? or other things?

Last edited by JC T ONE on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brian M

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Jens

Nice to have another Amazon owner on the forum.

My Amazon is also a very late one (chassis no 351642) - so who has the newest Amazon?
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Jens

I don't own an Amazon at present, but maybe one day! I had a dark blue 121 on the road some years ago, and more recently a 2 door 122S, plus several cars bought for spares over the years.

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
JT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jens

Welcome from another volvo fanatic.
pigtin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Jens.
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian M wrote:
Welcome Jens

Nice to have another Amazon owner on the forum.

My Amazon is also a very late one (chassis no 351642) - so who has the newest Amazon?
Hi Brian Very Happy thats easy to answer.VOLVO them selves Cool they kept the last one for their own museum, and the second to last, is parked less than half a mile from me Very Happy at Helsingoer Teknisk Museum, its a dark blue 121, with light blue enterior, when there the last time, the custodian opened the trunk and showed me the floor under the rubber mat, it had greetings from the workers on the assembly line Smile it was only a few weeks earlier they discovered this, after having the car for 35 years. Very cool. Cant remember my chassi no? so that will be another day, when I find the paper.
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
Welcome Jens

I don't own an Amazon at present, but maybe one day! I had a dark blue 121 on the road some years ago, and more recently a 2 door 122S, plus several cars bought for spares over the years.

Rick
Hi Rick Very Happy I rescued a dark blue 122 S some years back, it was left for scrap, at a public car park Crying or Very sad and it was not just any 122, it was a 1970 Shocked only 3 survivors in Denmark, in Sweden they are also VERY rare, as all people had turned to the 144 model. I had callers all the way from Holland, and Austria on my ad, and this is 9 years ago.
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen wrote:
Hi Jens

Welcome from another volvo fanatic.
Ahh you have to be pretty VOLVO crazy to beat me Rolling Eyes I am a fanatic with originalety Wink and I collect original accessories in BIG scale Shocked on my 122 S I have 53 original VOLVO accessories, and have collected old VOLVO books with pictures, so feel free to ask? what car do you have?
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to post some pictures of the Volvo in the Your Cars section Smile sounds really nice

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
Don't forget to post some pictures of the Volvo in the Your Cars section Smile sounds really nice http://www.youngtimer.dk/ click on traef billeder, then scroll down and click on Helsingoer, in there you will find my white VOLVO reg no BM 51 277

Rick
will do, but it has not been out for 11 years Crying or Very sad I have been to busy with my race car, and lately my WP/JANSPEED GT.
Also the fact that I bought the 70, and now have one I can use, has not helped me to dig out the 122 S? but I will try and scan some old piccies.
If any of you have the book from Holland/Germany? about VOLVO, its 12 years old app? in there is a picture of a grey AMAZON with a Daimler V8 engine, that is my car, the tekst say Rover engine Rolling Eyes but its a Daimler 2.5 HEMI V8, sweet engine Cool sounds so nice. And DONT worry I DO have a genuine B 18 twin carb engine sitting to make it original "one day"

Last edited by JC T ONE on Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Greeney in France

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do quite like the style of the Amazon but even though I am not a sports car fan per se I would love to get hold of a P1800 even the ES version, they had the same B18 engine didnt they.
I have a magazine artcle of aP1800 in the states that has done 1.5million miles with the same engine even though it had a rebuild at 600k and its used everyday

We do these things not to escape life but to prevent life escaping us
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greeney in France wrote:
I do quite like the style of the Amazon but even though I am not a sports car fan per se I would love to get hold of a P1800 even the ES version, they had the same B18 engine didnt they.
I have a magazine artcle of aP1800 in the states that has done 1.5million miles with the same engine even though it had a rebuild at 600k and its used everyday
Yeaa, and it was a 66? if i remember? and red? or was it white? parked in front of he,s garage. The engine is the same for P1800 S and 123GT = B18B = 115 brake horse power, the 122S (1962-66)had the B18D = 95 BHP, but on the 67/early 68 the B18B was used for the 122S also, with the introduction of B20 ( mid 68 ) the power raised to 118 BHP for the B20B = 122S, this is the rarest model of all.
bob2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jens welcome, I'd like to see a couple of pics of the S and the 1275GT as well as the amazon!!

I love minis too and have got a couple (normal run of the mill ones)
I am after a smiths tacho and a padd hopkirk gas pedal for one of them!!
Have u got any?
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob2 wrote:
Hi Jens welcome, I'd like to see a couple of pics of the S and the 1275GT as well as the amazon!!

I love minis too and have got a couple (normal run of the mill ones)
I am after a smiths tacho and a padd hopkirk gas pedal for one of them!!
Have u got any?
I think I can release a 80mm Smiths tacho from its gem Very Happy its a old original one, but I just have to check if it works?
as for the Hopkirk pedal, I only have one, and its a genuine 60ies, so I think it will stay unused, as there is repros to find Cool
bob2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I know there r repro ones but arent an exact copy, an original one would be better even if it is not pristine ( a used one would be fine for me)
Will have to search and trawl ebay for a bit longer.
I am also after a karobes rally seat cover but it has to be in good condition and I know they r not cheap!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: