classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

That small job
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Nic Jarman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: That small job Reply with quote

Hi All, I am sure you have all had this experience.
The brakes on my Midget were juddering so while at an MG show I purchased a pair of discs, the pads had been replaced recently. So off came the wheel and hub. I noticed a bit of play in the trunion bearing and thought I might be able to adjust it out so I checked the surfaces, um not good. OK new stub axle time so I started to remove it. The end cap on the lower bearing rod was in to stay so, I could not separate it from the wishbone so I decided to replace that too, oh and throw in a suspension rebuild kit why don't you! The battery was getting tired so while I am at it I will have one of those as well. Off to MG Owners Club and £180 later I had a couple of bags of bits and a long cold afternoon ahead. Things did not go too smoothly but the car was back in one piece by about 10pm. Next day, key in ignition and off to the dump to get rid of the old battery. I jumped back into the car and click - nothing, the starter motor gave up, just great! The guys at the dump gave me a push, thanks guys. Back to MGOC with the starter motor in hand and £50 later I was heading back. It took about 20 minutes and the car fired up. While the car was up on the jack I noticed a bit of play in the trackrod ends, I will sort them out next time.

I will have to do the other disc soon. I am really looking forward to that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: