classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Drive It Day 09
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Drive It Day 09 Reply with quote

Anyone here upto anything special this Sunday for Drive it Day??

I'll be out n about in the Devon somewhere or other, I'm guessing there'll be quite a few gatherings up n down the country!?

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Brian M

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick

I have been lucky enough to get one of the private invitations to an event organised by Hagerty Insurance tomorrow.

My son is going with his Porsche 914, so I am looking forward to showing him just how quick the Amazon is following the rolling road tune up last year!

We start at Silverstone for lunch, get a road book for a run to Gaydon Museum, back to Silverstone to finish the day with a parade lap round the circuit.

Will be about 250 miles for the day.

Will be tooting and flashing all other classics I see on this special day.
cortina jim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had cortina out with cumbria classic club . 80 mile run into lake district great place for runs
Brian M

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great Drive-It-Day But WHERE WAS EVERYONE ELSE?

Left home at 08.30 and in the 100 miles to Silverstone saw only six other classics.

We met up at Hagerty Insurance offices, and had a good look around 130 exceptional classics.

A few pics:

My Volvo next to my son's Porsche 914.

The blue AC ACE belongs to Simon Taylor (Full Throttle in Classic and SportsCar magazine)

We were given a road book an set off for a 40 miles drive along some really great roads to the Heritage Museum at Gaydon. We followed the rally Healey for a lot of the way and enjoyed some spirited driving (all at legal speeds of course!)

In addition to lots of cars on our run, we saw about 50 classics from the Milton Keynes Car Club doing a completely different run in the opposite direction to us - lots of waving etc.

At Gaydon I chose this as the car I would most like to take home!

We were among the last to leave Gaydon and the return run took us via a totally different route to within a few miles of Stratford-on-Avon, and back to Silverstone.

At Silverstone had a great couple of laps chasing Ferraris and followed by a Lambo Countach that of course couldn't keep up with the Amazon!

Got home at 8.30 in the evening having covered 370 miles in the day, didn't see a single classic on the way home.
peppiB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My classics were all willing and able to go out on Sunday - shame the driver broke a rib last Thursday Shocked Just can't sit comfortably at the moment - never mind drive! First time I have not been out somewhere on drive it day Sad
Richard H

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have just stayed at home Brian Laughing I saw 5 classics and was only on the road for 1/2 hour in total, and didn't even leave Southend!
(This coming from someone who is jealous he wasn't invited to Silverstone) and had to work instead! Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: