classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Hello again from Wales!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Flathead Rich

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Hello again from Wales! Reply with quote

Hello all

Rich B here - looks like the missus (Toptaff) has told you all about the fleet.

Looking forward to catching up with you lot!
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome along Flathead!

R
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Welcome, where abouts in Wales are you from, and sorry, what motorcars do you like/have?

Cheers

Dave
Flathead Rich

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evenin' all!

Toptaff's put a list up I think.... but it's comprised of a '64 HA Viva van; a '61 100E; a 32 Model B Mordor; TT's Bantam D14/4S and modern-wise, two Jags (X-Type and X300 XJ Sport) and the mega trusty Perodua Nippa
52classic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from you both... 'specially now the Welsh contingent is growing!

Are you going to Singleton Park next Monday? or Pencoed the week after?

If so look out for my 100e Pop or the yellow Porsche 912 getting it's first outing
andycars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to Singleton on Monday. I've also booked into Pencoed but haven't had my pass back yet Sad - have you had yours 52classic?
Andrew
52classic

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Andy. Pass came some time ago.

I think the organisers are at Singleton so it's worth tracking them down to avoid a late fee.

What car are you showing on Monday?

As I said, look out for the black 100e and yellow 912.
andycars

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding lack of a pass for Pencoed....Sent two entries (in one envelope) on 2nd Feb.
Rang both SWCCC contacts on the top part of the entry form (which I had retained) and was told that my entries had not been received (must have been lost in post). They said the only option is to turn up on the day and pay a late entry fee which is £10 , so I'll give that one a miss!

I'll be at Singleton with a 1967 Anglia Super in Lagoon Blue & Seafoam (which is almost white). Hope to see you there!

Andrew
Penman

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
andycars wrote:
Regarding lack of a pass for Pencoed....Sent two entries (in one envelope) on 2nd Feb.
Rang both SWCCC contacts on the top part of the entry form (which I had retained) and was told that my entries had not been received (must have been lost in post). They said the only option is to turn up on the day and pay a late entry fee which is £10 , so I'll give that one a miss!

Andrew

Has the entry fee cheque been cashed?

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
andycars

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entry was free before 1st April. A £10 fee was required after that, which is why I posted my entry forms 2nd Feb. Unfortunately they seem to have got lost in the post.

I posted my entry forms for Tredegar Park (September) same day/same post box, so I rang to check that they had arrived safely; fortunately they had! Smile
52classic

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pity about Pencoed, Andy. Sometimes a more flexible approach from the organisers would be a help especially if you're a regular.

Just returned from Singleton. Was that your Anglia on the row in front of the Autojumble?

Frankly we returned early because of the weather. 912 suffered a fuel leak on Sunday night so we took the F350 with the 100e instead. It was a toss up whether to do Singleton or Bath & West this year and next time I will save the coin!

Singleton seems to be only a shaddow of its former self and although the orgainisers put a lot of effort in, the layout has become haphazard and the younger modified cars are dominating the field IMHO - Not that I don't appreciate them - Just don't want a brace of subs next to me!
andycars

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Super is mine and the Deluxe my father's. We left just after 4:00 pm and the traffic was horrendous back to Fabian Way en-route to the M4 (took about an hour to get out of the city).

I totally agree with your comments about the layout - I think it was better when the cars were where the jumble now is and the jumble was over the other side towards where we enter/leave the park. It wasn't as noisy this year though Smile

I also thought there were a lot of moderns; I wonder where all the "classics" (vintage, pre-war and post-war) have gone, as there weren't really that many there today when you take the more modern vehicles out of the equation. 10-15 years ago I seem to recall there being far more.

Did Shepton Mallet Saturday and enjoyed it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: