classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

C-Type - After 7 years, we can show the results to the world
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
lowdrag

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it required a special application of lacquer which has been put on for me and now they are sealed in. I also have had a lovely letter from Ian Stewart who actually raced #19 and gave me so much help that it was his car of the three I decided to build. Believe me, as the world's leading anorak on these cars each one was quite different. Next year Ian and I are hoping to meet up so he also can sign it. Sadly, as far as I am aware, they are the only ones now alive who drove the cars.
lowdrag

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, life couldn't have got any better than to be invited to the Revival with the car. Except it did get better. Here's the reason why.

His comment after did amuse me. "I'd forgotten about double declutching"! According to the passenger he didn't hang about either, touching 115mph on Lavant. Finally getting used to getting the car on and off the trailer and with two wood blocks 4ins thick chamfered at one end it is actually quite a doddle. Road humps I haven't yet encountered but are giving me sleepless nights.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: