classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Show Your Stuff !
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stuart

Welcome over!! the Morris looks to be in amazingly good nick, and I can see why you were tempted by the 6/90 - real style!!! I'd be interested to feature the 6/90 in the Your Cars (http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/stories.htm) bit on the main site if possible??? all I'd need is a brief writeup (how you found it, why you bought it etc) and you could include a list of spares Wants in too. Might work - never know!??!?!!

cheers
Rick.
admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew I'd seen your Isis somewhere before, Malvern a year or two back?

Rick.
Stuchamp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Stuart Smile

Very nice Morris, the 2-tone paint is a real eye catcher!

I like the lines on your Wolseley. I could see that being done in a 2-tone scheme also.
Stuchamp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Joe wrote:
Very nice motors. I like what you have done to the Chevy, neat.

I´m not very knowledgable able Midget racers, I guess there aren´t very many in Europe that are, but isn´t that a Curtis style midget?

Hi Joe
I bought the Chevy just as you see it. It came from the Elingson Car Museum in Minnesota where they sell classic cars as a sideline.
I bought the car a year ago and since then have had the trans rebuilt, did some minor engine mods, replaced some old parts, etc.
I'm still in the process of making more improvements.
Here's an image of the engine compartment when we bought it. I'll post another later showing the updates.

The TQ nose and tail are very similar to the Kurtis Kraft Midget but slightly smaller. The hood and cowl area is very different though.
Rick added it to his site a couple years ago but I haven't done anything to it this past summer. I really need to update the progress since a lot of what we have done has been changed again.
http://www.classic-wheels.co.uk/midget_race_car1.htm

Thanks for all the comments! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: