classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Mid Suffolk Light Railway Hillman & Humber Day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
Giggles

Location: Tucked up under a patchwork quilt somwhere in Suffolk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject: Mid Suffolk Light Railway Hillman & Humber Day Reply with quote

Last Sunday the Waveney area Humber Club section and the Essex & Suffolk Hillman club section joined together for a visit to The Mid Suffolk Light Railway.

Not huge turnout, but still an enjoyable day.

If you ever find yourself on the A140 between Ipswich and Norwich and looking for somewhere to go a for a few the Mid Suffolk Light Railway is well worth a visit, it's not a very big place but they are growing and need all the support they can get.
www.mslr.org.uk/
gillberry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you had a good time we will stop being housebound on sunday, four little legs meant we could not join you
michael1703

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i popped up to that show, i didnt know it was on and it was the same day as stonham barns classic car show, so might have had better attendance

i live about 500 yards from the railway, i met a guy in a humber 3 days after, he had meant to make the show but overheated on coddenham hill en route
Giggles

Location: Tucked up under a patchwork quilt somwhere in Suffolk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We booked the the Middy last Novemeber, after they had produced their leaflets otherwise it would have appeared in there. I had posted the event on the Humber forum and on the Rootes forum as well. The idea orginally was as a small gathering for the Norfolk & Suffolk area of the Humber Club and we were joined by the Singer club, which was nice. Cool Plus several people don't like the Stonham Show as it's getting too big and commerical.

We're doing this again next year, so it will appear in next years leaflet.
The couple you saw was probab;y Vic & Bev, they've got a 1953 Mark v Hawk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: