classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Women Towing Caravans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
gillberry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Women Towing Caravans Reply with quote

I am having my first go tomorrow at towing the Nyala i am told that i am using the astra not the amazon, simon is working and we are away for the week end so my brother is coming with me, i could never do it first time round with Simon sitting beside me as he would really put me off - any women out there who tow please give me some tips and on how to handle the other half Laughing
rangerover125

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife isn't a driver but she says a roll of gaffer tape would help, now I don't know if its to tape him to the seat, tape his hands down or tape his mouth shut lol Very Happy Steve
gillberry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe i should turn the cd right up and cover his eyes as well so he does not see me hit things
rangerover125

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaffer tapes ok for his eyes but he'll end up with no eyelashes
gillberry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will match his head he has no hair on that Smile
i keep telling my self i will be ok just 2 hump back bridges to cross Sad and country roads, so if you hear of a hold up near Wroxham norfolk tomorrow afternoon it could be me Cool
yorkshireretro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you feel a bump just turn up the radio and carry on driving Smile
Brian M

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yorkshireretro wrote:
if you feel a bump just turn up the radio and carry on driving Smile

And phone your solicitor to start divorce proceedings before Simon does Very Happy

The first bit of serious advice in this thread from my daughter who had to move my previous classic caravan having never towed before.

Plan your movement at junctions and roundabouts well before you get to them. e.g. get in the middle of the road for a left turn at a tight tee junction.

Use your mirrors ten times more often than you usually do, (she found the large extended mirrors a great benefit)

You will be fine if you take it steady.
gillberry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got there ok, my brother even made me tow it out of the drive, we normally pull it out, managed to get round all the mini roundabouts and over 3 bridges, but when we got there reversing it in the space was a bit here and there i was getting lost on the right had down bit if he had just said my way or his i would have been ok but we had help form the man pitched on the other side who was also giving me directions but he said it was nice to see a woman doing it but i think that was a hint for his wife Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: