classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Looking for advice regarding some vintage caravans, see phot
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
IrishJohn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Looking for advice regarding some vintage caravans, see phot Reply with quote

Hi folks,
I'm new to this forum, I'm an absolute amateur when it comes to vintage though did once own a gorgeous 1974 twin cab (crew cab) VW pick-up truck. I had to sell it when my wife and I decided to restore a victorian house. So obviously we're completely broke now Smile but decided to buy a vintage caravan we stumbled upon to take us to the music festival Electric Picnic. We fell in love with it but decided to sell it as it doesn't have a toilet. I wonder could you help us value it? Are these rare or common? It has the brand name Europe attached to it and despite being only 9 ft long was once a 4 berth?

Its cute shape and tiny size attracted a lot of attention, kids waved at us, people photographed it and we had to endure hundreds of Father Ted jokes Smile!

We have 'upgraded' to a Sprite Alpine Smile which judging by the styling inside is a 1960s design. Any info, tips, evaluation welcome? Can you get insurance for these in case of an accident whilst towing?

Thanks in advance
John
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum, I'll drag this into the caravan section just to make sure the 'right' eyes find your post(s)!! Smile

rgds, Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
gillberry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of classic insurers also do caravan insurance although we joined the caravan club and insure our classic caravan through their insurance .
yorkshireretro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, i think your caravan is a CI cadet from the 1970's or late 1960's, we had one earlier on in the year and sold it for around £400, hope that helps Smile
IrishJohn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Rick, Gilberry and Yorkshireretro, you have all been very helpful. I think it is a CI Cadet alright having googled other photos, we were thinking of selling it for around €350 as it needs a tiny bit of cosmetic work.
Thanks again
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: