classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Someone Save 'Deblyn' The Pemberton!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
yorkshireretro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Someone Save 'Deblyn' The Pemberton!!! Reply with quote

After ages of trying to save a 1950's Pemberton from a campsite in Brean, Somerset I have had to give up!

The site owners would not let us take the caravan off ourselves due to "insurance reasons" and have claimed that as a section of the frame does not look solid that they do not want any other transport company than their one to take it off the site. Their one is WAY too expensive for us to afford to bring it to Yorkshire so were having to give it up!

It would be nice if someone more local with a low loader could perhaps make some arrangements to pick it up at the site entrance or something.

The lady who has had it in her family since new is sadly going to be forced to scrap it at the end of October (and have to pay £500 for the privilege!!) otherwise.

If anyone is interested please get in touch and I can pass your number on, it looks to be a nice caravan in good condition and has been used regularly up until now.
victor 101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like their pulling a fast one, any reputable recovery company will have insurance, and providing the wheels turn the chassis would have to be almost non exsistent to do any damage dragging it onto a truck.
rangerover125

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a sad ending, even as scrap she shouldn't be having to pay for the privilage, with the amount of scrap they will get off the van they should be paying her, as for the site itself, looks like they are trying to make money any way they can out of the situation. Steve
rangerover125

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also just looking at the photos again, please tell her not to scrap it with the gas lights in it. I would love to give them a new home in my 1959 Eccles, its annoying the site has taken all those years of site rent just to treat her like this
Peter_L

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot understand irrational thinking, even when the end result doesn't affect me.

I am sure that we have all seen the heaps of rusted out worthless steel that bear witness to someone thinking that if they hold on to it long enough it will be either worth a lot of money.
yorkshireretro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is indeed sad, I feel sorry for the lady who owns the caravan, she would love it to go to a good home rather than it be scrapped.

rangerover - if it does go to scrap she is going to take off any parts that are usable and has already said she'll send the gas lights to me in the post so you can have them if you like Smile
rangerover125

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for that, just seems a terrible shame that the van has to end up like this
moggy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: pemberton Reply with quote

Well what a bummer eh ,must say there is some horrible people in this world £500 what a rip off,
Sorry but i can`t put into print what i feel about this situation I`de probably get jail, Sad situation i really feel for you joe, But please check your PM from me there could be some light at the end of the tunnel as they say
Dalek63

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So whats the latest news on the old girl ???
yorkshireretro

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalek63 wrote:
So whats the latest news on the old girl ???

she's still sat there fate unknown!!

i had kind of given up to be honest but moggy sent me a PM with some ideas which kindof reminded me how much people love these old caravans and made me determined to have a rethink!

i am trying to speak direct with the site manager now to see if I can have it collected from the site entrance rather than someone having to go onto the site as that was their main problem by the sounds of it.

if I cant sort that out i'm going to look harder for one closer to home and i'll pass the ladys contact details on so someone can go get all the parts
rangerover125

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got friendly with Proctors that I mentioned to you, he has a Pemberton, I will ask him if its for the chopping up pile as it seems to be in that field. What sort of age statics are you looking for as there is also one where I used to store my Eccles. My wife loves the idea of a site made up of classic statics, best wishes Steve
Dalek63

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Well as i said, as i live in the south west I dont mind salvaging anything i can if she is going to be scrapped, at least that way some good will come of it and not let every thing go to the scrap yard. Pm me if thats ok .
old van man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have noticed that the Pemberton is on the forsale page of the latest copy of the Wanderer, the H.C.C. news letter, you never know it might find a home yet Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: