classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Spoked / whire wheels that will fit a 100E diff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
Roger-hatchy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Spoked / whire wheels that will fit a 100E diff. Reply with quote

I have started a restoration of a DLM1

The original rear axle was a 1930's Morris, but don't know the model
Would be the same track as a Ford 100E which replaced the Morris axle.
A two inch bolt was found floating around in the diff housing with obviouse results.

I am asking if anyone knows if there are any spoked wheels that would fit the four stud 100e axle.

The font axle is from an Austin, was told it was an Austin 12, but looks more like at was from an Austin 7, Have just been given a pair of spoked wheels that fit the three stud front hubs, they have Morris stamped on them.
The ones on the car are 17 inch, the ones just recieved are about 19inch

So wheel changes are possible, as long as the wheel stud / nut tapers are correct.

So are ther any cars, that had spoke wheels, with the same stud hole spacing.

here is the car as was in 1973 after 100e rear axle was fitted

peter scott

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roger,

I have a few photos of Austin 7s with 3 stud wires. I'm not certain but I suspect the spokes are laced to the periphery of the brake drum and the drum is thus part of the wheel.

How about Triumph Super Seven? They aren't laced the same on the rims but they are otherwise similar. 'Don't know about rim size though.

Peter

Roger-hatchy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter

Love that 7

The wheels on that are the same as the fronts on mine.
The gentleman who I have come to know with regards detective work on my car has an Austin 7, well a few realy, but one his son races, and the wheels are identical and are/were made by 'West London Wheels'.

As to my rear wheels, they are Ford 100E and are four stud and the ? PCD ? is about 5 - 5.5 inch at a rough measure.

Not too worried at the moment as they can be changed at a later date if wheels found.

As to the rebuild, another couple of days and things will start being bolted back onto the chassis.

Just waiting for the Kingpins from V&CCS

must update the rebuild thread soon

Thanks
Roger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: