classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

What Era?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
rangerover125

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: What Era? Reply with quote

Just a thought but which era in caravans is your favourite, my wife loves the 60's vans, for me its the 1950's although I would love to own a 1930's to 40's van but the chances of finding one, Steve
Dalek63

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well each period had its own style, but we both love the 30's 40's and 50's. But I suppose if pushed something like a late 30's Eccles Senator would be worth doing a bank robbery for Laughing

Barry Lord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like caravans from the 1930s most of all, but equally like Freeman caravans from the 1940s/1950s.
yorkshireretro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the 1950's statics or large touring caravans, especially if they have got the original patterned formica, curtains, carpets, etc failing that I love the 1950's / 1960's Sprites Smile
old van man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice to see a photo of my old Eccles on the furum, she was in Cornwell not far from you Dalek 63 Smile but was then sold on ebay , anyone know its wherabouts now ?
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an newbie to the hobby I'm dipping a toe in with my 1930's two berth tiddler next season. If it all works out OK then I shall be scouring around for an 1920's Angela or something of that sort.
ady

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite era is the 30's,they are beautiful looking.We had a 37 Cheltenham for a while but it neede alot of work and i didnt have the time to devote to it in the end and regret selling it a few years ago on ebay,it only made £25.We now have a late 60's early 70's Avondale that goes with a 66 Wolseley 6/110
rangerover125

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit the van I would have loved to restore was Mr Crabs Paladin, sadly not for sale now. I am still looking for my new project. The sad news for many years a 1930s Eccles complete with under floor bath sat on concrete standing behind a garage, I have just found out that now the old lady has died the relatives broke the van up and disposed of it throughthe tip and scrap man. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: