classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

How do I find first owners ? 1935 Rolls-Royce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Buller727

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: How do I find first owners ? 1935 Rolls-Royce Reply with quote

Hello,
First of all I would like to thank you for an outstanding website-EXCELENT!!!! I am the owner of a Rolls Royce from 1935 and I would like to get in contact with relatives of the first/ previous owners-maybe they have photos and a god story to tell of the car and maybe they would be glad to hear that there old car is still alive and kicking. I live in Denmark and here it is pretty easy to find relatives if you have names and address, but I’m not sure if that are the same in England. I have the names and addresses of the first owners but I don’t know what to do with them-PLEASE help if you can.

Best Regards

Buller
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Send a letter to the adress, there is a chance the desendants are still there, or may know where they moved on to, etc.

Otherwise it is a matter of research, and the net is a good place to start, maybe a club etc, with your chassis number, factory records may be stored with someone.

Cheers

Dave
Uncle Alec

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What area of England? We may have a mole in the vicinity who could make some enquiries.
Uncle Alec

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The owner, Henning Gravesen, has sent me the list reproduced below. I wondered if any kind Forum members could investigate any previous owners in their area.
Also could anyone decipher the letters & numbers after each record? C.M.G, & D.S.O. are presumably military awards; the numbers e.g. 14.3.36 are presumably dates of acquisition, but what about the rest?

1. N.S Holland, Esq

Glentherne,

Eastbeurne

(GST7 / LAM. 14.3.36)

2.Admiral Ceawford Conybeare

58,Stookleigh Hall,

London,N.W.8

(CD / AA 16.7.37)

3.Lt.Gel. H.C Bulkeley, C.M.G. D.S.O.

19, Gloucester Square,

London, W.1

(CD / ES25 / AA.15.11.37

4.Major R.W Cooper

Tackley Park

Tackley-Oxford

(BR / RH4 / W 31.10.3Cool

5.R.MacLeed.Esq.

Manor House

Tackley,Oxford

(RCDS.2 / BW.11.9.46)

K.K.Stringer ESQ. M.D. S

62 Sloane Street

London S.W.1

(RCDS / P8.12.58

Rolls Royce 20/25 chassis no GBK35-First reg.no CKO638
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: