classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

BUILD YOUR OWN ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Dalek63

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: BUILD YOUR OWN ? Reply with quote

Hello all
I read that lots of forum members like the 1930 to 50 style caravans, so here is your chance to build your own!! Full plans and drawings from an old magazine. If you want them I can e-mail them to you on the condition you keep the forum in touch with how you get on.
Cheers
George

Uncle Alec

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A kind offer. I have the 1930's version if anyone wants a copy.
geoffslater

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: BUILD YOUR OWN ? Reply with quote

George

I'm facinated by the thought of building my own 30's van from a plan. Please email it. If its practical why not build a new classic?

thanks

Geoff

Dalek63 wrote:
Hello all
I read that lots of forum members like the 1930 to 50 style caravans, so here is your chance to build your own!! Full plans and drawings from an old magazine. If you want them I can e-mail them to you on the condition you keep the forum in touch with how you get on.
Cheers
George
Dalek63

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Geoff
Please let me have your e-mail address in a PM and I'll get it off to you.
Cheers
George
Uncle Alec

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And let me have your email in a pm and I will send copies of the 1930s version of the same theme. But it won't be just yet - I'm off to the NEC tomorrow am.
rangerover125

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks George I now have my first part of the 1956 plans, well theres space on the driveway, no project in sight so looks like build my own time. Although I have been told if I build it I have to use original tools no modern power tools. Chassis I must admit I may adapt a later chassis, unless I can get the 2 mig welders that have sat in my workshop for a year working. I'll keep you all posted. It would be a great thing to have ready for the world record attempt even if it can't be part of the attempt itself
cobber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day Uncle Alec,

I'll pass my email on to you if you don't mind.
I have a 1930's 'van down here in Oz that I suspect may have been built from plans available in the UK, all the chassis components are "Brockhouse" made in England.
It will be very interesting to see the plans you have.

Cobber
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: