classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1969 Fisher Holivan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
HEJC72

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: 1969 Fisher Holivan Reply with quote

I have a 1969 Holivan which has the beige quilted sides.
Unfortunately the handbook is long gone so I was wondering if anyone has any information about these little 'vans, particularly weights?

The stable door is towards the back on the near side with the kitchen across the back and a large wardrobe/toilet compartment in the rear off side corner. The parallel seating is 6' long which turns into a large double bed.

I need to do some work on the floor which is rotten near the entrance door.
At some time in the past there has been damp under the rear window which is now dry but doesn't look very nice!
I would also like to remove the old gas light at the front of the van and replace the 2 12v strip lights with LEDs.

Any advice on how to tackle these jobs or general comments about the Fisher Holivan would be much appreciated as there doesn't seem to be much info on the Net!!
I look forward to hearing from you.
rangerover125

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, the only problem you can have with leds is that they tend to be directional, so there is more chance of shadowing. You could try a row of high brightness ones, Maplins sell some reay for 12 volts.
I'm actually using some for a wireless trailer board that I've designed and am now building, best wishes Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: