classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

CHELTENHAM IN THE LATE 30S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
old van man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: CHELTENHAM IN THE LATE 30S Reply with quote

Super circa 1937 Cheltenham Stag ? sorry the pics are not better , but i hope you can see the standard of the finish, Smile
this van was owned by the Gardeners the founders of cheltenham and was used by them as a summer house for many years
bought by a classic car enthuasist in the 80s restored and rallied , including being towed from lands end to john a groats with a pre- war packard Smile
I found the van through a mate who had seen it advertised in the free adds in Gloucester ,
the van had been walled up in a barn and was in a sorry state, but we pumped the tyers up, stuck a light board on, and she towed back a treat
when we bought the van the owner gave us the original crocery
and sales booklet
Restored some years ago ,( in the process of restoration a small dealers plaque was found on the door, the van having been sold in the 30s, only 2 miles away from my workshop !) she was then sold on to a gent in northhamtonshire Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Bayliss Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an novice regarding vintage caravans, I am amazed at the high quality of materials used in respect of the interior. Were any caravans of lighter grade manufactured for the less wealthy of the era? I make the assumption that if caravans could be afforded then an suitable towing vehicle was not a problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: