classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Hello! Anyone else own a Kip Kompakt?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
JayJay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Hello! Anyone else own a Kip Kompakt? Reply with quote

Hi to all!

I just bought a classic Kip Kompakt caravan, 1982.

It's only small with a poptop so you can stand up in it, lovely easy to tow.

I don't have a classic car to tow! Unless you can count my old M reg Honda Civic! LOL!

Lovely little thing, but I have a few problems with it - does anyone else own a Kip or have a manual that I could have a copy of - woud pay photocopying and postage charges!

Very Happy
rangerover125

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I haven't got a manual for the Kip but any questions just ask on here and one or another of us will usually be able to help
JayJay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thanks for that, Range rover!

It's more that I need the wiring diagrams really, don't know what works what, apart from the obvious. There is EHU and that works ok, but the plugs are continental, so I've only tried them with a lamp and a converter plug in the sockets. There's no little box with trip switches, like there was in my campervan, only a little square blue thing on the other side of the socket housing.

I also need to know what the tyre pressures should be!
rangerover125

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried emailing Kip, usually they carry copies of old manuals. Where abouts are you, if I'm in the area I can always pop in and sort the electrics, make a change from meding pc's and electronics. Steve
JayJay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rangerover125 wrote:
Have you tried emailing Kip, usually they carry copies of old manuals. Where abouts are you, if I'm in the area I can always pop in and sort the electrics, make a change from mending pc's and electronics. Steve

Hi Steve thanks for the offer - I'm awaiting a reply from the Kip site - and the Kip english reps, just down the road from me. I have to change the electric sockets for three pin - they are presently the continental two pin - and I just need to know how everything works really. There's no little trip switch electric box, like I used to have in my campervan, just a funny looking blue box thing where the EHU comes in and one elec socket goes out.

But it doesn't have to be right now, it's too cold! I have someone coming to sort the damp ingress when the weather gets better, got a tarp over at the moment. And I haven't got a clue how the leisure battery charges... Also need to put in a fridge. So a few things to do!

I'm in South Cheshire, Congleton/Crewe area!

Thanks for your replies everybody! Jacki Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: