classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1983 AUDI 80 QUATTRO TRESSER 1-- PLEASE HELP-- NEED ADVICE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
ADY B

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: 1983 AUDI 80 QUATTRO TRESSER 1-- PLEASE HELP-- NEED ADVICE Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

Any of you good people have any info about the Audi 80 quattro tresser... I bought one just over a year ago AS a resto project and can't find out much about her at all... I've been in contact with my local Audi dealer and she is too old for their data base.. I have left posts on several forums with no replies... When i bought the vehicle i was told that it is verry rare... It has a front and rear spoiler which looks original, not an add on also it has alloy wheels which have the number 1 on them as does the gearstick knob... The wheels have metric tyres on them which were only made by Michellin.. It has a 2.2 n/a 5 cylinder engine on an A registration...

WHAT I KNOW...

I know about Walter Tresser being the Audi team mannager for the world rally championship and that his great success was the reason for the Audi Tresser being made...

I know that the wheels were made in a couple of different styles only for the Tresser modells, which all have the number 1 on the centre caps..

Also that the tyres made by michellin have been discontinued for a number of years, but they are still obtainable...

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW...

Is there anyway of telling if this is a genuine tresser..?

I am in doubt because i have found 2 of the 80 modell on some old web pages for sale and they both had turbo engines...

On the log book it only says audi 80 quattro 4 door saloon

But why would it have the wheels and body kit of the tresser....? Surely they would be of value to a tresser owner and you wouldn't just fit them on another vehicle...?

Anyway sorry for rambling on... Any info would be really appreciated...

Thank's for taking time to read this... Regards ADY
admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it was just a typo in your post, but its spelt Treser (single 's')

I'd imagine that there are sites in Germany that could help (you may need to brush up on your German though!!)

eg
http://www.treser-audi.de/treser.htm

cheers
Rick
ADY B

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: TRESER 1 Reply with quote

Thank's for that Rick.... That will help my searching for sure....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: